Friday, June 4, 2010

Growing

I wanted to take a minute and share my garden progress...

{boxed dirt}

 {happy plants}


I planted Italian green beans, carrots, beets, lettuce, basil, tomatoes, cucumbers, dill, chili peppers, Hungarian wax peppers, cabbage, and pumpkin. Who knew you could fit so much in such a tiny space? The soil mix was a bit of a pain to get because I had a hard time finding coarse vermiculite in my area. I'm so glad I went through with it, though. The plants are soo much healthier than I've had in the past with traditional gardening. Also, weeding is fun! I'm not kidding! There are so few weeds in this wonderful mix, and when one does sprout up, it comes out so easily. I'm lovin' my square foot garden!

3 comments:

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I think I could handle that kind of gardening!

It's the 1/2 acre my parents always planted that made me hate even the word "garden".

It looks good!

Iron Girl!! said...

Your garden looks wonderful! Well done. And what a joy to be able to walk outside and "shop" in the garden. :)

Heather said...

Looks absolutely awesome! Great job!!! I'll try to send you a pic of Hubs' beds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails