Friday, February 4, 2011

Raising Spidermen

Once a week, I take my boys to an organized gym class at a nearby camp/retreat. They play soccer, gold rush, ultimate frisbee, and other group games. When it gets warmer, they'll ride horses and possibly take some kayaks out on the lake. It gives them a chance to burn off some energy with other homeschooled kids their own age. I get a chance to know other homeschooling moms in the area, and Tootsie has made a friend or two that she loves to run around with. 

We never know what they will be doing until we get there. This past week, the boys were thrilled to get the chance to try out rock climbing! Would you believe that this mom had it together enough to bring her camera?! I was so happy!

Both my guys did a great job! They surprised me by shooting right up that wall without hesitation! They were also thrilled to tell me that they already understood how the harnesses and different latches worked because their Pap (who climbs and repairs cell phone towers) gave them a close look at his equipment a year ago. Very cool:)

Spiderman's got nothin' on my guys!


 {Dutch is not fond of heights, so I was very impressed to see him charge to the top!}


{See that bell above Goober's head? He rang it...with his head. He's all mine.}


1 comment:

Heather said...

OK, I know I've been MIA for a while, but I'm getting your posts by email now and getting caught up! This looks like soooooo much fun. I bet the guys had a blast! Can grown-ups participate, too?!?

love ya,
h

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails