Thursday, February 10, 2011

Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies


These amazing brownies by Elana Amsterdam are gluten-free! Wait! Don't give up on them. I know I may have just lost a few of you:) Seriously. If I hadn't made them myself, I wouldn't have known they were "healthy". They are so good. You really need to check out Elana's blog, if you haven't already. Each recipe I've tried has been fantastic. These brownies are over the top!

The only thing I change is the agave nectar. We use raw honey instead. While it may not be as good (gluten-wise)... honey is better (fungally speaking). I use bittersweet chocolate that is at least 60% cacao. It's dark chocolate heaven.

Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup agave nectar (or raw honey)
1/4 cup grapeseed oil (I've also used butter with great results)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips

Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips in food processor and process until the consistency of coarse sand. Pulse in coconut flour, salt, and baking soda until combined. Pulse in eggs, agave, grapeseed oil, and vanilla. Pour into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 glass baking dish. Sprinkle walnuts and remaining chocolate chips over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool and serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails