Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cranberry Cheese Pie


Have I mentioned that I love Taste of Home Magazine? My mom gifted me with a subscription right after I got married, and I continued to receive it for years. A lot of my recipes and ideas have come from the pages of Taste of Home or Simple and Delicious.

This one is amazing. I always get requests for the recipe when I share this pie, and I never come home with any leftovers. It's light and refreshing. Trust me...you'll love it!

Cranberry Cheese Pie
{plan ahead: needs to chill}

1 package (3 oz) raspberry gelatin
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups cranberry juice
1 can (8 oz) jellied cranberry sauce

1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 pastry shell (9") baked

In a mixing bowl, combine gelatin and sugar; set aside. In a saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Stir in cranberry sauce. Chill until slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, in another bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly into pie shell. Beat cranberry topping until frothy; pour over filling. Chill overnight. Enjoy!



Thanks for visiting today. Stop in tomorrow for more cranberry recipes!

1 comment:

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That sounds really good! It would be a nice alternative when people are tired of pumpkin pie.

I do have a cranberry recipe I could share. I'll try to link it up early next week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails