Friday, October 29, 2010

Thirty-one

I've been neglecting this blog. Once an outlet for my overflowing creativity, it has become another item on my to-do list. The creative juices are dried up or sealed in a jar or something. 'Cause they're not flowing. They're not even dripping. Projects are on the back burner. Homeschooling, soccer practices and games, library visits, orthodontist appointments, and basic chores have taken over.
I'm still here, though. And in an effort to catch up, I thought I'd share 31 random facts about myself...
  1. I turned 31 this week.
  2. I got married and had a baby when I was 18. I was a senior in high school. I learned that God can take a scary, tough situation and turn it into blessings beyond imagination.
  3. I love coffee. I love the aroma. The flavor. The sound of it brewing. I love it hot, iced, and frozen. But I can't drink it. It rips apart my stomach and I'm done for the day. Tragic, I know.
  4. I have a lot of moles. Understatement. When I was in high school, one of those 'class clown' sort of guys sat behind me and asked if he could play connect-the-dots on my face. I was horrified. It scarred me. My husband thinks it's hilarious.
  5. My favorite color is green. Because I know this, I tend to avoid green clothing so I don't smother everyone with my obsession. As a result, I don't own one green shirt!
  6. I've always hated sci-fi. Hubby loves it. Somehow, that man got me addicted to the show Stargate SG-1. Don't worry. The series is over, so I no longer spend my Friday nights watching it. We own the boxed set.
  7. I joined marching band in 8th grade as a bandfront girl. I continued to toss rifles, sabers, and silks for the remainder of my school years and loved every minute.
  8. I don't like scary movies. My imagination doesn't let me recover, so I don't go there.
  9. We once found a snakeskin in our closet (previous home). I slept at my parents' house until our whole place was searched from top to bottom. Of course, it was long gone. I have the best husband in the world.
  10. I don't like snakes. {another understatement}
  11. When I was six, I told my four-year-old brother to touch an electric fence to see if it was still plugged in. He grabbed it. He couldn't let go. He just stood there, screaming, until my parents ran over and pulled him off. Words cannot describe the looks being shot in my direction on our walk home. Did I mention that I was six? Sorry, Clint. (again)
  12. I love mason jars.
  13. I hate water chestnuts. The texture grosses me out.
  14. I've fallen off a horse more times than I remember. My parents made me get right back on every time.
  15. A combination of chocolate and peanut butter is my absolute kryptonite. Candy, pie, cake, ice cream...very dangerous.
  16. On the school bus one morning of my freshman year, a junior guy put a beautiful bouquet of roses next to me. When I {full of romantic thoughts} looked up at him, he said, "Shhh" and pointed to the girl getting on the bus. My seat partner. I didn't like him much after that, and he knew it. He seemed to go out of his way to get under my skin and had a serious knack for it. Well, obviously, we got married and had three babies. He still gets under my skin, but I like to think that I return the favor:)
  17. I played the role of Meg in our high school performance of Little Women. I lost track of what was going on and didn't show up for a scene I was in. We recovered, but it left its mark. Performing with all that pressure and all those eyes...not for me.
  18. I like Irish rock music. Particularly, Enter the Haggis.
  19. My 12-year-old frequently corrects my pronunciation of words during our school time. Especially if it's history or science-related. At first, I was impressed and proud. Now, I'm annoyed and irritated. When I find something he knows nothing about, I make a point to teach him with authority. Immature? Yes. But I'm being honest here, people. It's only going to get worse. He's 12.
  20. I planned on sharing 31 things with you, but I'm really tired of talking about myself. I had a hard time coming up with 20 things, and I'm kinda cheating on this one:)



1 comment:

Iron Girl!! said...

Happy (belated)Birthday Marie! We sound like we have much in common. I too was in marching band, hate snakes, I love the color green (our bedroom and bathroom is green and I want to paint the kitchen green too), I love coffee but have had to switch to decaf, and I too have a child who corrects me often. :) Wonderful post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails