Friday, April 15, 2011

What's under your sink?

In an effort to be a little more transparent and real in my bloggy home, I thought I'd show you one of my messy areas...under the kitchen sink. I decided to clean it out yesterday. It was looong overdue.This is what it looked like:


I guess it had become the I-don't-know-where-to-put-that-so-I'm-gonna-stick-it-in-here place. I pulled everything out and was kinda surprised at how much I had in there!


Some of these things do not belong here at all. Like the CD's. They get shoved in there when we don't feel like putting them away. I found quite the mix...everything from Fleetwood Mac to Enter the Haggis to Casting Crowns. Not sure what that says about us.

I also had candles I never burn because I don't like the scent, lotion I don't use because it's not even close to being natural, and more vases than I ever have flowers.

I threw some things away, donated others, put things in their proper place, and bought a couple baskets. It's not magazine worthy, but it's definitely more organized.



Now, if I could just get motivated enough to organize my paper/filing mess. 
I won't be showing you a picture of that today...there are limits;)





2 comments:

Heather said...

We have one of those left over, too! Too funny! Good job on cleaning and purging.

Sorry I missed your call...P and I were at a Girl Scout outing (best one yet...a yoga class;). I'll try you later. Are you around this weekend or is next week better?
love ya,
h

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

You're very brave! I don't even look under my sink, but you organized yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails