Monday, August 16, 2010

Still Likin' the Beach Theme

Yes, I know school's starting, and the leaves will soon be changing. I'm well aware that summer is trying to escape. I'm not ready to let it go completely. I'm still in beach mode. Actually, we haven't gone to the beach yet this year. That's the problem. We'll be visiting Hubby's parents over Labor Day, and we always hit the beach as much as possible when we visit. Can't wait. Maybe then I'll be ready for Fall colors. But for now, I'm still beach-o-fying...




I saw this idea at Kasia's last night. I ended up tying knots while watching tv with the hubby. It reminded me of when I was a kid. I would make these constantly...

Actually, I'd love for a 10 to 12 year-old girl to come visit so I'd have an excuse to make these again. You know...to pass on my knowledge. It's very therapeutic. This is why I craft, people.

Anyway...if you want to make a "net for your jar", as my husband so eloquently put it, check out Kasia's instructions. It's really simple...and addicting:)




3 comments:

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Cool~I'm going to have to try this. Yours turned out really well.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love the look of the knotted jute with the blue glass jar. You are so clever!

Amy said...

That is very cool! Super cute..
I'm starting to think fall, just today..
I'm ready for homemade breads and the pumpkin patch!!:)
Thanks so much for linking up to "AP Tuesdays" @ New Nostalgia! Hope to see you again next Tuesday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails