Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread

 
This bread is A.MA.ZING. 
So I wanted to share it with you:) 
I changed it slightly, but it's originally from one of my favorite magazines, Taste of Home.

Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1-3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped strawberries
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!


p.s. All of the recipes I've shared here can now be found on my very own recipes page up above;)

4 comments:

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

This sounds so good! I think I'll try it today~we have company coming. Thanks!

Lyndsie said...

Can we talk about how TOH is my favorite magazine?! All of my friends at school make fun of me because while they're sitting around reading Cosmo, I'm making notes on the recipes I want to try :)

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Lyndsie, that's too cute! Yeah, I've never been a Cosmo girl, myself. I curl up with Country, Country Woman, and Taste of Home:)

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Wow! This sounds really good and moist. Think I will try it too. Wonder if it would work the same with peaches?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails