Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Touch of Caribbean Blue

So, my kitchen used to look like this...

Then, it was this...



I love the color. It was great for fall and winter. But for spring and summer...ehh. 
It needs something fresh and happy~ springy.

So then I found this great picture frame at a thrift store for $.99!
It was kinda sad and asked me to paint it. 
How could I refuse?


And who couldn't use a little Caribbean blue in her life? 
 (The color was screaming a little too loudly at first, so I brushed it with a wash of taupe and H2O.)


I covered a piece of scrap luan with some chalkboard paint, and now we have a chalkboard that makes me think of the beach!


So naturally, I started looking around the house to see what else I could paint :)



I may bathe an entire wall in this liquid happiness.

Anyone else have an urge to paint when the tulips poke through the ground?








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails